Friday, April 17, 2009

in the riviera maya!

let me start by saying that i cannot figure out how to make a capital letter on this mexican keyboard. the place i am staying, el dorado royale, is absolutely amazing! it is even better than the internet pictures. i have three places to bathe in my casita = a big tub with shower, a huge whirlpool tub that overlooks the ocean and i even have my own outdoor shower! i have a huge king bed inside and a big bed outside that is right on my own private little section of the pool that connects with a bigger pool that has a swim up bar. i have my pick of a bunch of outdoor roof thatched huts with huge comfy outdoor beds in them right on the ocean. it is pure paradise. my fridge in the room is stocked with coke, sprite, dos equis, tecate...all kinds of stuff and it is all included.
i arrived yesterday after a hectic and long line through customs. it seemed that about 10 planes arrived at the same exact time yesterday. i was driven to my hotel in a Cadillac Escalade! When i arrived they gave me two coupons for couples massages. well, i am a single so they said i could just have a 100 minute massage, which i did last night. Total paradise!!! I still have another coupon to use when i want as well.
after the massage, i was really greased up and just wanted to take a hot shower and go to bed well, my hot water wasnt working. i called my consierre and they were out immediately. after about an hour, he just shook his head like there was no way he was getting it on. so i called the front desk and they moved me to another room. normally i would have been irritated, but i didnt mind, i just had to repack my stuff and i didnt bring too much. so i got a new room and the hot water was fine. since then, they have been bending over backwards for me. it is pretty nice actually!
i am pretty much keeping to myself so far. except my concierre ... she is awesome and she has offered to drive me to playa tomorrow after her shift. i know what jenn is immediately thinking: what are you thinking michelle!!! but i feel like it is totally cool. i will see how it goes. but it would be fun to get out and buy a few goodies for taylor. she said we could eat dinner together too. wait!!! maybe she thinks i am cute... ahahahah....
so it seems i lost my check card today. when i get off the computer here i am going to call my back and have it canceled. i got online and there are no charges on it so that is a good thing. i am normally so freaking responsible so not sure what happened to it.
anyways, as soon as i get a boyfriend, i am coming back here!!! this place is amazing!!! but you have to stay in the casitas, not the regular part of it. it is more pricey, but oh so nice!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you know me too well....be careful - don't go buying any "chiclet" from strange kids in the city...and just promise me you'll "pass" if she offers to take you back to her place :0)...

    ReplyDelete