Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Heading South

Taylor and Bingo are both gone and I am feeling a little sad. She just went over to her dad's since I have to leave at 6 in the morning. We dropped Bingo off at the doggie hotel at 7 tonight and it was sad to leave him too! They both drive me nuts sometimes, but being here at my house without them sure is quiet and a little lonely.

I am flying to Cancun in the morning and then riding a bus to the Riviera Maya. I am staying at a 5 star resort and have my own swim-up casita with a 24 hour conciere! I am not sure what I need that for, but whatever, it sure does sound nice! I am going alone and this will be the first time doing that. I was super excited the last few days but now I am really hoping that I don't get too lonely or sad while I am away. I am sure once I get there I will be able to finally relax. I haven't relaxed AT ALL in over a year. I have been so high strung and constantly caring for my mom so I know that I totally derserve this. And I am sure if she were here that she would have paid for me to go. That is why I have put this trip on her credit card. It still works so I will keep swiping till someone tells me otherwise :)

The past couple of days have been filled with a billion errands. In between those, I have managed to get my nails done, my hair cut and highlighted and a spray tan. I was so white I was almost glowing and decided to try the spray thing. I went today and man did it feel nasty. I had to peel my jeans on when it was over and it felt gross. The lady told me to wash it off 4-6 hours after so I had to wear it around through my hair cut. It actually smells yucky. But guess what? I am freaking tan! I keep getting tanner as the hours go by...I am just hoping I don't wake up orange in the morning. That would suck.

I started dealing with my mom's stuff a little bit this week and quickly realized that it is going to be so much work and take so much patience. I don't have what it takes to do it right now. I will worry about when I get back next Tuesday. We had to file an extension for my mom's taxes because it has to include a death certificate. I have been calling the funeral home every day and it still hasn't shown up. Everything is SUCH a hassle! The electric company, the gas company...all of them require a death certificate to change her bills into my name and start mailing them to me. I guess it makes sense, but it is going to be such a hassle tooling all around town dropping off death notices. It really sucks. I mean, can't they see the notice in the newspaper? There should be some kind of service that does stuff like that for people. Now that's a good idea...!

I am finishing up my packing and heading off to bed early tonight for my flight in the morning. If I have internet access there, I will post something. If not, hopefully I will have lots of juicy details of my Mexican RunAway when I come home. I am calling it a RunAway rather than a GetAway because I am truly running away from my current issues. But who cares, right???!!!

Adios!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling lonely...If you get lonely on your trip just head to the pool, get you an adult beverage and strike up a conversation with someone! You totally deserve this so go relax and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Jennifer said! The pool and beverage sounds "nice....really nice" I wish I were going with you! Have fun and post the full report when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWIM UP CASITA? That sounds totally awesome. Your blog comes into my e-mail program, and you made me laugh out loud this morning. Nice. Have a GREAT trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! You deserve it! I will come help with any packing or moving stuff that you need...just say when! Have a great trip and relax!!!

    ReplyDelete