Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Generally on Easter, my mom, Taylor and I spend the weekend in Dew and attend the Swinburn family reunion on Saturday. There is tons of food and the kids have a huge "egg" hunt on the grounds outside the church. I did this as a kid every year and Taylor has been there almost every year as well. This weekend we didn't make it because Taylor had two baseball games on Saturday. I am not sure we could have gone being only a week since my mom died. I cannot imagine being up there without her.

So yesterday Taylor and I spent part of the day at an Easter celebration at a neighbor's house. There were probably 25 people there and about that many kids as well. The kids had an egg hunt in the backyard and Taylor had a great time. I was supposed to bring an "Easter dish" but just didn't have the energy to cook anything. So yesterday morning we went to Wal-Mart to buy a fruit tray and a veggie tray. Taylor needed a basket to hunt eggs and I couldn't find one at the house. I figured we would just buy one at Wal-Mart but they were completely out of them. I was already feeling sad being that it was Easter and my mom wasn't here. When we couldn't find a basket, I just felt the tears about to roll. Needless to say, I had a slight breakdown in the Wal-Mart. We ended up going across the street to Walgreens and luckily, we found a nice basket and Taylor was happy.
After the party we went over to some friends down the street so Taylor could play with the kids. When we left, they sent us home with two big plates of food. Taylor and I gobbled it up when we got home. I haven't cooked or done anything in the past week so it was awesome to get a home cooked meal.
In the evening, I went next door to the neighbors who have 4 kids and Taylor had so much fun playing with them. I let her play until 9pm which is way late for her. So all in all, the day was okay. I just felt sad in the back of my mind the whole day though. I guess that is to be expected.
Today we are going to Target to find Taylor some "high heels." She is such a girlie-girl. I also need to get a couple of things for my trip. I leave on Thursday for the Riviera Maya for 5 days. I am going alone to try to get a grip on things and to just relax. I am just spinning in circles right now and it will be so awesome to have some down time for myself. I cannot wait to get out of here!
We are going to stop by Jennifer's house so Taylor can play with the girls. And then I just remembered that Taylor has a baseball game tonight. No wonder I am exhausted. We are constantly on the move and running from one thing to another. Thursday cannot get here soon enough...!!!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl - going to Riviera Maya! Glad you and Taylor enjoyed some Easter fesitivities. Avery ended up getting a stomach bug and still hasn't gotten back to 100% - we have some pics on our blog. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete